South Main Street developed as a Victorian and Edwardian corridor of residential preference in Fairfield.
The peaked roof with a ballroom (which resembled the house at 405 N. Main) burned off in 1920, and was replaced with the present overhanging roof.
Senator Charles Fulton built this in the early 1900's.
His daughter, Susan Welty, wrote A Fair Field, a history of Fairfield (copies available at the Fairfield Public Library).
Photo by David Thebodo. May 2005