Top Header « »

 51. O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

902 S. Main Street (built 1920)Louden Logo NRHP Logo

Fryer liked the Methodist Church so much that he had Guy Carpenter (an architect with the Louden Barn Planning Service) design this two-story home using the same brick specified for the church.

The flat roof and horizontal lines show the influence Prairie-style had in Fairfield.  The garage roof was flat before it was modified to the current gable roof.

The original Louden garage doors have been in use since 1920 (scroll down to see a catalogue page).

It was unusual in Fairfield in the 1920's to have such an elaborate concrete driveway.

Click here for the National Register of Historic Places Registration Form and photos for this building, which you can download.

Louden catalogue page.
Door Hanger

Scroll down for more photos.

O. F. & Lulu Fryer House.  04-13-13
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

O. F. & Lulu Fryer House.  09-27-14
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

The driveway was modified and re-paved in fall 2010.  12-10-10
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

Note the porte-cochere -- it is a bit narrow for today's automobiles.  12-10-10
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

The driveway was also narrow in May 2005
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

Photo by David Thebodo.  May 2005
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

The garage-door catalogue is below.  May 2003
O. F. & Lulu Fryer House

«Site Map Button   Map Button   Home Button »